Entreprise/Structure: International Organization for Migration (OIM)
Ville, Pays: Maroua, Cameroon
Référence cDiscussion: 1016666
Niveau d’études minimum réquis: Non précisé
Expériences professionnelles demandées: Non précisé
Date limite de dépôt de dossier: 06-12-2016
Publié le 25/11/2016 à 16h37min33s
Email de réception des candidatures : Non précisé
Détails de l’offre:
Position Title : Head of Sub-Office / Emergency Coordinator
Duty Station : Maroua, Cameroon
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade UG
Type of Appointment : Special short-term ungraded, 4 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 06 December 2016
in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the
field of migration and works closely with governmental,
intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to
promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does
so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
and external candidates will be considered for this vacancy. For the
purposes of this vacancy, internal candidates are defined as staff
members holding a regular, fixed-term or short-term graded or ungraded
contract, including Junior Professional Officers (JPOs), staff on
Special Leave Without Pay (SLWOP), and staff members on secondment/loan
released by the Organization, unless otherwise specified in their
contract. Staff members holding a regular, fixed-term or short-term
graded contract will not retain their contract type if appointed to an
the direct supervision of the Senior Regional Emergency and Post Crisis
(EPC) Specialist in Dakar and in coordination with the Head of Office
in Cameroon, the successful candidate will be accountable and
responsible in supporting the planning, coordination, implementation and
monitoring of emergency activities in IOM Sub-Office, Maroua, Cameroon.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Implement and monitor administrative and operational activities of
approved emergency-related projects in the Far North Regional of
2. Monitor, supervise and oversee project staff
responsible for the execution of emergency projects as well as
sub-office resource management staff. Ensure the application of
procedural standards and policies of IOM projects.
and assess the coordination of activities between IOM emergency projects
and relevant stakeholders in the different sectorial working groups,
national and local authorities and donors, and bring issues to the
attention of the supervisor, proposing course of action to address
4. Identify new opportunities consistent with approved projects and ongoing activities. Recommend project improvements.
5. Contribute to the development of emergency project implementation strategies aimed at meeting projects’ objectives.
Monitor, supervise and oversee the implementation of the Displacement
Tracking Matrix (DTM) in coordination with IOM Cameroon’s DTM team as
well as humanitarian actors, and provide timely inputs as required.
Prepare or ensure timely preparation and submission of project
proposals and reports according to IOM and donor formats as required.
Prepare regular updates, project summaries, and other relevant
8. Undertake duty travel relating to need
assessments, project monitoring, and liaison with counterparts or
donors, problem solving, as required.
9. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in
Law, Political Science, Human Rights, International Relations,
Humanitarian Assistance or a related field from an accredited academic
institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or • University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
Experience in project development, implementation and evaluation,
and/or program implementation and management; • Knowledge of project
formulation, administration and evaluation techniques and practices;
Familiarity with DOE thematic areas and how they relate to preventing
and addressing crisis, including crisis created by natural disasters and
• Experience in liaising with government
authorities, inter-governmental institutions, other national and
international institutions, donors, and national and international NGOs;
• Experience in emergency response in the field, preferably in a context of conflict.
Fluency in English and French is required.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates
gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
• The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is
medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa
requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM
e-Recruitment system, by 06 December 2016 at the latest, referring to
For further information, please refer to: http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress
of your application on your personal application page in the IOM